Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bleaching (the) Geula


Many is the time I have shopped in Geula on a Friday afternoon and heard the announcements beseeching the “sons and daughters of Israel not to create an immodest environment”.
I personally have never had problem with that.

I am sure that the people that are behind this announcement are sincere, and in my opinion it just added to the experience that is “erev shabbos” in Yerushalayim.
Every once in a while you get a nut job that starts screaming and carrying on , but nobody gets hurt, his rantings get him the desired attention and life moves on.

Being a person that tries to understand others I tend to try and think about what motivates them.
I have seen garbage being burned on street corners, and thought, well it needed to go somewhere.
I have seen cops being attacked, and thought, well violence is never the answer, but who started this.
I have seen a lot of things that I disagreed with but as long as nobody got hurt, I was able to somewhat excuse it in my mind.

The truth is I think that all parties involved enjoy it.
The media gets “sensational” headlines, the youth’s get a chance to vent, and the Fire Department gets a chance to do something besides “shesh-besh”.

However, I do draw the line at their latest innovation. Bleach.

It seems that the Chevreh Hatznius, or whatever it is they call themselves, have been patrolling the neighborhood, and are spraying bleach on whomever finds disfavor in their eyes.
If the colors on the dress or coat are not to their liking, they will simply bleach it.

Now if they want to open a Laundromat and offer a bleaching service, I would be all for it, but to damage other people’s property, and perhaps even cause serious injury, just because the color scheme was not to their liking, uh uh, no excuse.

Of course the question can be asked; "what are these guys doing on the street searching out “immodest” women". But I don’t suppose the answer; “they just happened to be there with a water gun full of Sodium Hypochlorite” would suffice.

5 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Also A Chussid said...

Great blog and I love the style… I will link to you as soon as I will get a chance…

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Chaim Chusid said...

Yasher Koach!!

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wondered about that. Are these people so zicher of themselves that they actually go out and search for erveh and nisyonos? Of course, they will farentfer their actions by saying that somebody hasto eradicate the tumah, and that they are on a high enough madreygah to do it. Oh please! These are the biggest perverts.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Chaim Chusid said...

Iz all good,

I don't know if I would call them perverts. My label would be misguided brutes, or extremists.

What they do is not rooted in perversion, but rather it is a type of maniacal madness.

It would not be far from the truth to say that there is an element of jealousy mixed into what ever it is that motivates them.

Jealous that the lifestyle they truly want is right out there in front of them, yet so inaccessible.

All in all a very sad situation.

I remain,
Chaim

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

that's sick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home